Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Music to Remember, Music to Jump

Well, it certainly has been a long time! I've thought about trying to getting the ol' blog up and running again, but I just didn't want to put in the time. Life gets in the way, I suppose. But I did kind of want to do something special for the 10th anniversary of Evan's death, which is coming up on November 24th. I've done those challenges where you write down something you're thankful for each day leading up to Thanksgiving. Honestly, that kind of sucked. I wanted it to be a meaningful way to show that I could still be thankful in spite of the loss of a child. It was tough. I thought this year I'd do kind of a count down to Thanksgiving (which is the same day as Evan's death anniversary this year) with music that Evan loved, music that reminds me of him, and music that is special to me.



After Duncan was born we presented Evan with the Fire Truck Bounce House. We told him it was a gift from his little brother. I don't know if he fell for that trick, but he did love the gift! We blew it up inside the house, and he would bounce and jog around for hours. It was more fun when Mommy or Daddy bounced with him, of course. Even though we exceeded the weight limit, we'd get in there and circle around with him. I remember taking Duncan upstairs to nurse him, and I'd hear the whoosh and loud hum as the house was turned on. They'd jump and the air in the whole house would be sucked in and out with them. To make jumping more exciting, Justin added a sound track. Justin likes light-hearted music, like the music of Cake and Barenaked Ladies. One of Evan's favorites that he requested for "big jumping minkits" was what he called The Million Dollar Song by BNL.

If I Had a Million Dollars

It's a silly song that Evan loved. A silly song about all the stuff one could buy with a million dollars (but not a green dress, that's cruel!) A silly song that reminds me of my little boy playing with reckless abandon.

2 comments:

F Moseley said...

He did keep moving. He would jump out of bed on the run and ran all day. Very active little boy.

Sherrie said...

Such a sweet memory! That blow-up thing was(is?) awesome!