Saturday, July 19, 2014

Garden Bloggers Bloom Day!

I was lazy and didn't actually take these pictures on Garden Bloggers Bloom Day (which is the 15th of each month.) I took them a few days earlier. I could have added a few more pictures of other things blooming (Echinacea, Rudbekia), but there again, lazy.

This summer has been pretty dry, but most of my plants still look pretty happy. Well, anyway, here are a couple of things that were in bloom on the 15th.




Crape Myrtle, aka Evan's Tree. I think this is "Acoma." It stands a good 10 feet tall. When my parents gave us this little tree after Evan was born in 2004, it was less than 2 feet tall! It's grown into a lovely specimen!


I think I usually manage to kill/chop back this Gladiolus each year. It's something the previous owners planted. It's beautiful and TALL! It's probably 5 or 6 feet tall...and right in front of our front windows. So, a little too tall. But still very pretty!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beautiful.