Saturday, November 2, 2013

Thankfully flutey

Today I'm thankful for the gift of music. I will mention music more than once during this 28 day torture, cough, I mean adventure. Today I am thankful for the ability to play a musical instrument. I've played the flute for 30 years! It's hard to believe it's been so long! I have loved playing from the beginning. I'd practice in those early years because I wanted to. Nowadays, I don't practice like I should, but I still enjoy it. Playing can turn a bad mood into a good one. Sometimes my session doesn't go well, and I end up frustrated. But usually within one or two days, I am back to my happy place. (That perseverance thing again!) I don't perform as often as I like (and I sure miss playing in a woodwind quintet and recorder group!), but I am fortunate to attend a church that has a wonderful music program with a choir director who chooses several flute pieces a year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am also thankful for your gift of music. I have enjoyed your playing for the entiree 40 years.
DaD