Monday, November 25, 2013

Curiosity

I'm thankful today for the curiosity of my children. They (you know, "them") say that children's minds are like sponges. I totally believe it. My kids ask questions all the time. All.The.Time. Duncan gets a little fixated on certain subjects and asks questions relating to that subject for weeks or months. The nuclear power plant phase was pretty long. The chicken phase, thankfully, didn't last. But he still asks every once in a while what I would do if I found a chicken (or sometimes it's a cat) on my head. I answer, "I'd probably freak out." Or sometimes, "I'd lift it off my head and place it on the ground." The cat would get a snuggle. Duncan has been asking how many of (fill in the blank with an animal of your choice) would measure a house/person/car/etc. Before bed he asked how many wolves would it take to be my height. I said I didn't know but could look it up. I kissed him goodnight, and Googled it. The gray wolf, which is the largest of the wolves, can reach from 4.5-6 feet long from the tip of the tail to the nose. I had no idea wolves could be that huge! And up to 175 pounds! That's massive! I went up and shared that info, and naturally, he wanted to know about smaller ones since the gray wolf is the largest. I'll look that up later, I suppose. I guess that old adage "You learn something new every day" is true. Especially with little curious kids in the house!

No comments: