Sunday, November 24, 2013

A Good Day

Today we marked the 7th anniversary of Evan's death. It's hard to believe it's been that long. He would have been 9 years old...10 come February! Today could have been a day where I wallowed in self pity. It could have been a day of difficult memories. But it wasn't. I went to church this morning and after getting situated, I took a look at the flowers that I'd ordered to remember Evan. With the memory of the all white debacle last year, I had noted "colorful" next to my order. I didn't say what colors. When I finally looked I saw all of the red. Evan's favorite color! They were beautiful. So much red and orange. A very autumnal color combination. Just lovely. And even prettier up close. Later, we went to Moe's for lunch (one of Evan's favorite restaurants.) We had cookies in the afternoon, and then released colorful balloons with notes and drawings addressed to Evan. And all day long my friends on Facebook were writing nice little notes on my wall. It was a good day, and for that I'm thankful.

No comments: