Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Growing up!

 
So, one little person around here has been busy losing teeth! Duncan didn't lose his first tooth until he was six and a half or so. Miranda is ahead of the curve losing her first tooth at a little over five. She pulled it out (June 20) after weeks of letting it wiggle horribly. I don't know how she could stand it! And even the apples that I sneakily fed her didn't make it come out any sooner.

 
Who me?

 
She lost her second tooth on July 7. This one also wiggled for weeks. I asked her numerous times if she wanted help pulling it out. Nope. She didn't want to pull it out. In fact, she talked about sending the Tooth Fairy a note after Tooth #1. She said she would tell the Tooth Fairy she wanted her tooth back. I'm not sure if she understood that she would have to give back her shiny coin, though. And I'm not sure what she would have done with the tooth had it been returned. A baby tooth necklace? A little creepy, I think! She finally pulled out Tooth #2 when I told her she could have an ice cream cup if, and only if, she pulled the tooth out. Thirty seconds later we had ice cream!

No comments: