Friday, January 4, 2013

Disney World - Final Day, Magic Kingdom

Our fourth and final day at Disney World arrived on Thanksgiving Day! (Note the lollipop!) Duncan was upset about not going back to The Animal Kingdom. We decided to spend some time in Tomorrowland to help him change his mind.

Justin got fast passes for Buzz Lightyear while the rest of us slowly headed over to Winnie the Pooh (I accidentally posted those pics for the third day. Oops!) Had fun playing in the line and riding the ride, and then walked over to Tomorrowland. The park was packed! The kids were more used to all the people and having to wait in line, so Day 4 was pretty laid back. Buzz Lightyear was a lot of fun. Miranda ended up not wanting to ride, so we had two extra fast passes. Pretty much as soon as Justin and Duncan got off, they got right back on! Duncan loved the ride and was pleased with his new Zurg toy.

Mickey and Minnie topiaries decked out for Christmas!

The theme of the week for Miranda was definitely: Princesses! It wasn't Disney World, it was Cinderella's Castle. Well, it was also Dismey (or maybe Dis-Me!) World! Taking her to see the castle was a good way to distract her when she was a bit cranky.

Some of the guide books say not to bother with the Tomorrowland Speedway. There are no fast passes, and sometimes the lines can be pretty long. It moved along at a good pace for us. And it was fun to watch other people. Besides, how cute is that picture?! Miranda had a blast "driving" the little car.

Miranda controlled the wheel, and I controlled the gas pedal. I wasn't being bossy (no, really!), the pedal requires a longer leg with some strength behind it.

Justin and Duncan were in the car behind us!

Who's that peeking through the Stocks?

Who knew punishments could be such fun!

While Miranda and Justin went to the Tiki Room, Duncan checked out these Tiki Gods. He listened closely to the drum beats.
Miranda bailed on the Tiki, so we hit Alladdin's Magic Carpet Ride again. And Pirates of the Caribbean. The park was getting more and more crowded, so we decided to call it a day.

But first, we purchased a couple of balloons to release in memory of Evan. My mom asked me if I had wanted to wait till Evan's death anniversary on November 24th. I said no, that I wanted to remember him on Thanksgiving, because I was so thankful for him.

We took one last look at Main Street and left.

The next day we drove and drove and drove. There was some crankiness. There was some silliness.

We arrived safely back home with loads of wonderful memories!

No comments: