Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Doctor is In

A couple of weeks ago, I went into my bedroom and decided to kick up the ol' feet. Not too long after Miranda comes in. I pretended to be asleep. She walked around the bed, whispering about me being asleep, and fussing with a blanket to put over me. It was super sweet and very motherly. I "woke up," but she tucked me back in, and I played along for a while longer. 

This week I went for a quick lie down, because I was just plain tired. I tucked myself in this time. But pretty soon the little Mommy came in. This time instead of a motherly air, she decided I was the patient and she was the doctor. There was something wrong with my foot that required a special wrap. She called it Footosis. She tucked me in and told me everything was going to be ok. She went and found some tools and checked my heart rate and my lungs. Giving me, "Good" comments when I performed my part.



Here Miranda is checking Daddy's heart rate with what she calls The Pink Heart. She probably requested that he take a deep brade (breath, ya know.)




Duncan got in on the doctor action, too. He mostly wanted to perform surgery. With scary tools. The only requirement was that the patient had to close his eyes. Eek!



Every doctor needs her Doctor's Bag!



A look inside the bag shows her stethoscope, aka The Pink Heart (a magnetic chip clip, which she insists is not "magmetic.")



Nemo sought out treatment and got a band aid for his boo boo. I think Mommy needs to help with this one!



After a long day of checkups, reassurances, hugs, and band aids, this doctor is done!

3 comments:

Sherrie said...

So cute!

Anonymous said...

love the Dr. bag! I can just imagine what the "surgical instruments" might be.
Lala

Pam said...

Duncan was the one performing the surgeries. He said, "Close your eyes," and then would produce some transformer type toy for the procedure. Miranda just seemed to want to take temps, check heart rates, and tell me that everything would be ok. I preferred her treatment. ;)