Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween 2012

We began our Halloween festivities over the weekend with a little pumpkin painting and carving.
 

 
The kids enjoyed getting all messy with the paints.


 
Although, I'm pretty sure they both wanted to wield the knife and have a go with a jack-o-lantern face.

 
Justin, scoopin' the goop.



Me, also scoopin' the goop.


 
Here's what we ended up with. And then I destroyed a perfectly good jack-o-lantern to make this:
 


 
It didn't turn out as well as the picture I'd seen online. I worked on it. Justin worked on it. And it was eventually sawn in two, and pathetic.


 
I pulled out the ghosts again to decorate the yard. This poor fella's eyes came off in the process. The quick fix with safety pins gave him a little bit of an eyebrowed look!


All ready for Halloween!



 
Boo!

 
The front door with my pumpkins. You can see the one that fell apart. We've had so much wind and dry air lately (air pushed down due to Super Storm Sandy), that the pumpkins dried out very quickly. I didn't know there was such a thing as a geriatric looking skeleton, but after looking at my poor pumpkin, I do now!

 
Our little grave yard.

 
Miranda had a few costume choices. She could be a princess, Batgirl, or a witch. This is the constume she chose. I was calling it a witch dress, but she called it the Tooth Fairy Dress. (It did come with wings.) The Tooth Fairy enjoying a bit of pizza!

 
Duncan dressed as Iron Man.

 
Here's an eyeball lantern that we created from an activity kit. It was fun to do, and looked really cool!

 
Iron Man has his glowing core and is ready to do some serious trick or treating.

 
The kids had fun getting candy and mingling with other kids. When we got home they went nuts every time the doorbell rang. "More trick or treaters!" Duncan and Miranda admired each costume. And when we waved them goodbye, Duncan said, "Happy Super Halloween!" Miranda began by saying, "Happy Halloween," but changed it to "Happy Sparkle Halloween," in her ongoing competition with big brother. And now she's under the weather and getting a cold. Oh well! We had fun while it lasted!
 
 

3 comments:

Sherrie said...

Sounds like great fun was had by all! And fail nothing, that looks great. Your skull pumpkin is better than theirs.

Anonymous said...

it all looked wonderful! I love all the little ghosts in the yard.
Lala

Pam said...

My skull pumpkin ended up looking like a skull raisin.

I love those ghosts! They're made with trash bags and that pretty fabric you gave me after Sarah's wedding!