Sunday, November 6, 2011

Thanks for the Prayers - Day 6

I remember one Sunday in October 2006 my pastor asked us to pray for a little girl who was very sick.  She is the granddaughter of fellow church members.  She had bacterial meningitis and was in one of the local children's hospitals.  I remember coming home and shooing away Evan and Duncan, because Mommy had something important to do.  I sat at the computer and typed up an email sending off the prayer request for this little girl to my friends and family, so that even more prayers could be said.  The next month Evan was in the hospital with the same disease.  He didn't make it.  I've often wondered if anyone had heard about Evan from a friend and prayed for him, like I did for that little girl, who was a stranger to me.  Today I'm thankful for all of the prayers and good vibes friends, family and strangers send my way.

Thank you!

No comments: