Sunday, November 20, 2011

My Husband - Day 20

Justin and I met through mutual friends when we were in college. He was pretty weird. But in a charming sort of way. It took us a few years to get together, but we finally did. We did a lot of goofy things together, becoming closer and closer along the way.  He proposed and we got married.  (Just like that!)  It was just us for a few years.

One never really knows what sort of parent one will be until it happens.  I didn't know what sort of father Justin would be, but I had high hopes.  We both knew we wanted a family eventually.




We were fortunate enough to have our first baby, Evan, in February 2004.  He was a sweet, snuggly little fellow, and we fell in love with him instantly.  I was pleased to see that Justin was a natural "Daddy."  He changed Evan's first poopy diapers in the hospital!



Duncan came along a couple of years later.  As I previously mentioned he was a bit cranky.  But Justin always had hugs to spare for his second little boy.  And he was pretty understanding of me when I'd had enough of the tears and tantrums of the little ones.  When we lost Evan, Justin and I leaned on each other like never before.  And we held onto little Duncan like a life raft.



When we were ready, we decided that we would try one more time.  And after a few scares during the pregnancy, I had Miranda in 2008.  She started off in the NICU, but she came home soon.  And it didn't take long to have Daddy wrapped around her tiny little fingers.  Justin is a kind and loving father and supportive husband.  I'm very blessed and thankful to have him in my life.  Thanks, Justy!  I love you!

No comments: