Sunday, May 15, 2011

Garden Blogger's Bloom Day

There are loads of things blooming right now! Here's a sampling:


Hydrangea serrata "Miranda"


Sambucus nigra "Black Lace" Just missed getting a good picture of my first ever Sambucus bloom. It was beautiful. I may have one on my phone, but I haven't checked. Stay tuned!


Miranda Hydrangea


A bloom on one of my potato plants!


Look at all the buds on my Hydrangea aborescens "Annabelle"!

I can't wait to see these in full bloom!


Aquilegia caerulea "Swan Pink-Yellow Columbine"

A new acquisition from Santa Rosa Gardens. I've not had a whole lot of good luck with Columbines, so we'll see how this one works out!


Coreopsis "Center Stage"

Another one from Santa Rosa. Feathery foliage makes the flowers really stand out!


Fairy Rose

These last three plants are items I picked up at trades, so I don't know a lot about them.


Hardy Geranium


Rose

I keep wondering what Rose this is. I go back and forth between Apothocary Rose and just a Knockout. I'll figure it out one day!

No comments: