Monday, April 11, 2011

Woohoo, it's Spring!

Yeah, I know, Spring "officially" began in March. And it's certainly felt like springtime (even summer!) here lately. These photos were mostly taken in mid March, so they are not too far off.

I just wrote a paragraph to follow each picture, and Blogspot lost it. I don't know that I'm up to doing that again. grumble grumble


Tulip "Miranda"

The tulips I planted in the fall in honor of my daughter, Miranda! I'll be looking for ways to keep the tulip bulbs over the summer, so hopefully I can replant come fall.



Stylophorum diphyllum Celandine Poppy

I Love, love, love the Celandine Poppy! Great little native perennial. The foliage is attractive and the flowers really pop. This one is in Evan's Garden. I just purchased three more for the woodland garden.


Veggie Garden in mid March

Ahhh...mid March in the Vegetable Garden. When I still had high hopes for my carrots and lettuce.


Azalea

Azaleas are a beautiful staple of the American South. This one is (I believe) a non-native evergreen variety. I just picked up a couple of native deciduous Rhoddies over the weekend. So excited!


Sweet Peas!

And the itty, bitty sweet peas. So full of hope. I should probably do more research on veggie gardening. I feel like I research my annuals, perennials, shrubs, etc. with a vengeance and have a good idea of what to expect. With veggies? Not so much. I plant the peas in February, I should have peas to eat by April, right? Nope. More like May or June. Maybe.

No comments: