Sunday, March 28, 2010

More Spring Gardening!

Sigh...I just love spring. It's always an exciting time of year. The warm air coaxes us outside in our shortsleeve shirts. And we play in the dirt, and perhaps best of all, we don't have to worry about mosquitos. Well, alright, that's probably not the best part about spring, but it's pretty good. I'm excited by all the perennials that are starting to peak out. It's always a mystery whether something will come back or not, but this year I really am wondering (since our fall flooding damage.)


The Beautiful Daffodil at the end of my driveway.

Daffodils are often called harbingers of spring. I certainly think of them as a sign of a new season. They are tough little plants. They are long lived, and produce such bright, happy flowers.



This is a Tiarella. And, I'm happy to see the little buds rising above the attractive foliage.



Here's my Spring Vegetable Garden. I put up the little picket edgers to keep the little critters out (you know, my daughter! and sometimes my son.) I just planted my carrots today along with some Nasturtium. I'm hoping for some good eats in a couple of months. I'll have to figure out where to put my summer veggie garden one of these days.



What's still to be done...all the planties I've purchased this spring. Already! Most of these will go in the garden formerly known as Evan's Garden. And in the Back 40.



And even more work! Lots of big, thick stone that somebody will have to put somewhere! I'm thinking for our little patio/sitting area in the Back 40.

No comments: