Saturday, January 30, 2010

A Second Look

I thought the other day that we had been given the "gift of dirt." That wasn't quite accurate. After a second, closer look, I have found that although there is some new sediment back in the Back 40, there are dips and rises everywhere, and new scraped out areas. We have noticeable erosion. So, we are hoping to go on the attack as soon as possible. We're thinking we'll install French drains and dry creek beds, in hopes to get any flood waters directed back to the creek. And I'm starting to think about doing raised beds for my gardens and play areas for the kids. So, I'm trying to do my research on raised beds to decide what to do. Any body have any advice on doing raised beds? I'm thinking either a concrete product or stone for edging.

No comments: