Sunday, November 29, 2009

Remembering Evan

Last week was a busy week. It was an emotional rollercoaster with Evan's death anniversary on Tuesday and Thanksgiving on Thursday. Tears were always threatening, and Evan was (and is) always on my mind. After asking some friends for ideas, I finally made some plans for how I wanted to spend time remembering Evan last Tuesday. Since the backyard was too muddy for planting, we (my parents, my mother in law, Justin, me, and the kids) stayed inside and painted rocks to go in Evan's Garden.



I didn't realize when planning this activity that it was going to be a more than a day long process. So, we basically got started Tuesday, and I've been finishing the rocks up since. This is Evan's favorite bear, "Bear Bear."



And some cute bugs.



I also decided that I liked doing the balloon release so much last year, that I'd like to do it again. Miranda was very pleased with this decision!






We wrote notes to Evan on the balloons and gathered together outside. And let them go.




And then we watched them float and spin on their journey to Heaven.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful memories!