Monday, October 26, 2009

What Are you Going to be For Halloween?

I've been asking Duncan this all month. At first he gave me the "what are you talking about, lady?" sort of look, and went back to whatever he was doing. Finally, lately he's started to seem interested. I've asked him, "Do you want to be a robot for Halloween?" "No" or "uh ah." He seemed pretty certain about this one from the start. Which had me surprised, and more than a little bummed. He's pretended to be a robot off and on for the last year. And finally, I find a cool do it yourself robot costume, and...he's not interested. Typical! He's been interested in firefighters and fire emergencies for a while, and talked a little about being a fireman. This had me worried a little. Evan's last Halloween he dressed as a fire fighter. I was afraid of just completely losing it, I guess. But it seems now that Duncan's settled on being a cowboy. Which is actually going to be kind of easy. he's got the flannel shirt, he's got the blue jeans. I thought I could make a little vest. I still have to find a hat. And, after being pressured by my mother in law, maybe some boots. Of course, she also thinks I should give him guns. I think she may be pressing my buttons. And, like last year, we plan to do a companion costume for Miranda. I'm thinking Indian princess (or Native American princess, if you prefer.) I thought I could make her a little dress and headband. Who knows if she'll leave something on her head. I guess I better get to work!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Forget the gun.

Amy said...

Where did you find a good do it yourself robot costume? That's what we need! Although we'll probably end up winging it.

Amy said...

Oh and Duncan could have a lasso, unless you think it's a recipe for some sort of mishap. Or one of those stick horses!

Miranda could be a cow!!! hahaha I'm finding that hilarious... sorry...

Pam said...

Some parenting magazine. Let me look. Either Parents or Parenting.

Anonymous said...

Amy is so funny...Miranda as a cow!

Pam said...

Well, I got the pieces cut out, and sewn together. Just have to do the finishing touches (hems and such), and pray that Duncan will actually wear a cowboy hat!