Saturday, May 2, 2009

So Sneaky



Duncan and I went to the grocery store today. Sometimes he helps put things in the cart for me. And sometimes he'll toss an item or two (or five!) in of his own choosing. Occasionally, it's something we were getting anyway, so it stays, but mostly they are returned to the shelf. Today Duncan was content to ride in the cart. Except when he wanted to be carried. He didn't really do any exploring. And I'm ok with that. I neglected to get him a cookie from the bakery counter, but I thought we could eat one at home later (I know, I'm weak.) We finally went to the checkout. I wedged the enormous car-cart up next to the conveyor area, and began to unload. I had my back to Duncan, but would turn to check on him periodically. I heard a splat. I thought maybe Duncan had dropped something on the floor. I turned. Nothing on the floor. Ahhh...there was a bag of M&M's on the conveyor belt that I hadn't put there. I glanced at Duncan, and he was looking slightly sheepish. He knew I'd get them, because, like I said. I'm weak.

3 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hee hee! I wonder if we did that growing up...

Anonymous said...

He's a man, er. boy after my own heart.

Alan Ashley said...

That sounds like our trips to the store.