Thursday, May 28, 2009

"Made a Mess!"

Breakfast time usually means a lot of running around getting waffles and bananas on plates, milk in cups, kids in seats, etc. I was pleased this morning that I had a little time to myself (no little girl underfoot), so I was able to get everything together beforehand, instead of once the kids were in their chairs. The thought did cross my mind when I called Miranda's name, that it was a little too quiet. The kind of quiet that means something is going on. She did finally come when she heard the toaster oven buzzer. And this is what I saw...





And this...




She led me back to the scene of the crime to show me how it all went down. (And where the camera happened to be!)



Mommy carelessly had not closed the lid on the diaper rash cream, and Miranda had to investigate. After weeks of getting slathered with sunscreen, she knew what to do with that stuff. It was all up her legs, her hands were covered. It even appears that she tipped the can up like a drink and gave it a try. Usually when she spills milk or food on the floor, she'll say, "Made a mess!" This time I guess she knew she didn't need to say anything.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This little girl is ready for the sunshine or a severe case of diaper rash. She will be a good scout, ie "be prepared". Da

Sherrie said...

At least she'll never know the heartbreak of full-body diaper rash!