Friday, May 15, 2009

Garden Blogger's Bloom Day

So, I'm cheating again. I actually took these photos the other day with the not fancy camera. But those things pictured are still in bloom. So, it's only kinda cheating, right?



Here's the latest Veggie Garden Photo (yes, Mom, I still need to mulch!) I've been bugging my neighbor about coming over to pick lettuce. Justin and I are letting it go to waste, and my neighbor is interested, but she keeps forgetting. I noticed the green lettuce was looking a little picked over the last couple of mornings. I asked Rebecca today if she had come over. Nope, she had forgotten again. I think the bunnies have found my garden! Oh no! They don't like purple lettuce, at least!



This is the unnamed Clematis that has had wonky flowers for the past couple of years. And after a spring pruning this year, it seems to be back to its usual gorgeous self.



And here's my surprise Foxglove hanging out with what I believe is an Apothecary Rose. They look really lovely together in person, even if this photo doesn't show it.

I'll be attending the plant swap tomorrow! I lined up all my trades in the driveway. I didn't see any snake activity, so hopefully it's gone! I'll pack everything up in the car in the morning, and look forward to plant talk and food and fun. What's better than free plants, chit chatting about plants, and yummy food? Well, there are probably better things, but free plants are always good. I'll post my booty (my plant trades!) when I get home.

2 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hey, do you have "The New Kitchen Garden" book? Mom gave it to me several years ago, and I got the sense she gave one to you, too. If so, there are several good small garden layouts, including a cottage and a potager. If not, let me know and I'll send you mine.

Pam said...

I don't think so, but let me look.