Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Feelin' the Love




Duncan is a sweet boy. Yes, he's rambunctious. Yes, he's wild. But he's also very, very sweet. All those hugs I was missing from Evan, I'm starting to get from Duncan. And sometimes kisses, too! When he wakes up in the morning, he'll give Justin a kiss on the nose, and say, "I wuv you!"

When Duncan accidentally shut the car door on me yesterday, I said, "Mommy's going to need a kiss for that!" Unfortunately for Duncan, he opted not to kiss Mommy, and chose to run away full tilt, instead. And he crashed. Now he has a skinned knee to show for it. If only he had just kissed his mama!

Since I've been using a side by side stroller, Duncan and Miranda have been interacting more. They rock forward and back to get the stroller moving faster, they tickle and slap at each other. And the giggles just warm the heart. But the sweetest thing I think I ever saw was Duncan leaning towards his sister. I wasn't sure what was coming...a hit? A tickle? He gave Miranda a hug, and a smooch, and said, "I wuv you baby!" I almost melted on the spot!

2 comments:

Jen said...

that is so sweet!!!!

Amy said...

Awwww. I'm starting to see a little sibling sweetness over here. In very small ways.