Saturday, April 4, 2009

Always on my Mind, Forever in my Heart



Duncan is approaching his third birthday next month. He is as much a handful as ever. But he is growing up. His language skills are improving, and he's always sharing the new and interesting things he learns every day. Duncan's also quite a little character. Miss Stephanie at school even calls him a rascal! He knows when he is about to get into trouble, and starts to put on the charm. "Hi!" he'll say with a sweet grin. Or even better, "I wuv you." He knows, instinctively, that it melts my heart. Yep, he's a rascal.



Miss Stephanie also called Evan a rascal. When they were about to go outside, the children were told to finish what they were doing, because it was time for recess. Evan would give Miss Stephanie a Look.




But once he got outside, he was happy again. And secretly, when she told me this 2 and a half years ago, I was pleased that I wasn't the only one getting The Look.

Evan was 2 years, 9 months, and 24 days old when he died. It feels like we had him longer than that. And he seemed older, what with his monstrous vocabulary. Last month Duncan passed the 2 year, 9 month, and 24 day mark. Now Duncan has outlived his older brother. Yet, Duncan still seems younger to me. I guess it's because he is still working out the language thing. Now that he's talking non-stop, Duncan is reminding us of Evan more and more.

Oh, how I miss that little boy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me too! Every hour, every day. Love you.Mom

Sherrie said...

Hugs, sweet thing (((Pam)))

Betharoopie said...

Oh, sweetie - we love you all so much. Many hugs and much love...