Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I Rock!


Azaleas in bloom!

Spring is here! And the yellow coating of pollen on...well, on everything proves it! I would have thought that our recent heavy rains would have gotten rid of the stuff. No such luck. Although, I suppose it's probably a lot better than it would have been without the rain!


More Azaleas

Spring is a wonderful and exciting time of year for a gardener. The anticipation of new projects to begin. The digging, the planting, the praying for no late freezes! The last two years we've had a freeze after our "average" last freeze date. I'm really hoping that doesn't happen this year. I think it might kill off some of the pesky bugs around (like mosquitos!), but there is so much stuff up, that I would have to do some major covering in the event of a freeze. That's what I get for having gardens all over the place, instead of just in the front yard!


My new stone path in my Veg garden!

This morning Miranda and I purchased some stone and mulch to make a little 3'X 7' pathway down the center of my veggie bed. I like the whole idea of symmetry. And it's nice to be able to have easy access to both sides of the garden, without having to worry about where I step. That doesn't mean I don't have to worry about where Duncan steps. Ugh! I think I need to give that boy his own garden bed, so he can step all over his own plants!


Ain't it purty?

It took about an hour to install all the stones and mulch. And I'm very pleased with the outcome! And I didn't hurt myself! Woohoo!


"I'm ready for my closeup, Mr. Demille."

I'm thinking of placing an urn shaped planter on the rock closest to the wall with annuals and some nice trailing things. What do you think?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The path and garden look wonderful. I'm right proud of you. Mom

Sherrie said...

That looks fabulous! The urn sounds like a great idea, too.

Anonymous said...

It IS purdy! Way to go Pam!!
Kristin