Saturday, March 14, 2009

Garden Bloggers Bloom Day

Woohoo! I'm actually remembering to do this! I took these pictures the other day, but everything is still blooming. And this way I don't have to go out into the chilly, soggy weather. We all win!



I called Pansies "Pandas" when I was a kid. I've never had much luck with pansies. I really love them, but they don't love me so much. Around here they supposedly will bloom all winter. And the nice displays at fancy neighborhoods do. Mine are mostly just green until the weather warms up. I hear they like to be fed, and I never feed them. Could that be it?



Here's a Daffodil that was covered in snow a couple of weeks ago. After the snow melted these beauties perked right up.



Mom gave me these Daffodils a few years ago. Thanks, mom!

1 comment:

Sherrie said...

I think you have to keep them deadheaded to keep them flowering. I had some luck with them in window boxes, but not all winter up here!