Sunday, March 29, 2009

Disaster!

When I came downstairs this morning, I saw that my poor seedlings all looked terrible. I don't know if I've over- or under-watered. Or if a sneaky little boy sprayed them with vinegar. Just don't know. I went and bought some nice dirt and repotted the ones that looked like they might make it. And started some new seeds. It was very discouraging. After potting them in bigger pots, and watering them (they were dry--ugh!), I took them to the sunniest, warmest spot in the house. My bathroom. Now, I just have to keep up with the moisture and keep away little hands. Hopefully, this time will be more successful. Fingers crossed!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes overwatering can cause fungus to grow. That's called,'damping off'.Don't worry, still time to start over, if necessary. Mom

Anonymous said...

I ate my lettuce! It was so fun to pick my salad. Now will the leaves grow back and be another head or did I destroy them? I just kind of "pruned" each one for my salad. Didn't know if I was supposed to pull the whole thing up or not so I chose to prune and hope for more. Lala

Anonymous said...

It's fun to prune and eat it.(I think that's called grazing.) All should come back in a few days. Enjoy!

Pam said...

I think my seedlings will be happier in the bathroom. It's sunny and warm during the day. Hopefully, not too cool at night! I can spray them without making a huge mess. And if I do, they're in the tub, so it doesn't matter.

Glad you enjoyed your lettuce, LaLa. I was looking at mine today, and thinking of having a salad.