Monday, January 26, 2009

Feeling Discouraged

I'm coming off a cold turned bronchitis, and finally starting to feel normal again. After barely leaving the house for the past couple of weeks, I met Justin in the backyard for the Vegetable Garden Discussion yesterday. It was basically the "This is where I want it" and "This is where Mom and Dad think I should put it" chat. Not much more was said, actually. Justin is, in general, a quiet person. So, I guess I shouldn't have been surprised when he let 24 whole hours slip by before mentioning the garden. And, to be perfectly honest, I forced his hand. I asked him what he thought. He said, "That it'll be a lot of work." Of course, I already knew this. But it was like he took the wind out of my sails. I was already feeling a little overwhelmed about the project, and now I just feel discouraged. What to do.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Start small? Add to it next year?

Sherrie said...

Yes, definitely start small, and remember that with two people it'll go twice as fast, and be half as much work, as it would with just one.

Pam said...

Oh, you think he's going to help after getting the bed prepared?

Sherrie said...

Well, no, but that's the hardest part! I do that myself, too, typically...