Thursday, January 15, 2009

Bearly Sleeping

Duncan has a set of pj's with a picture of a bear on the shirt, and snoozing bears all over the bottoms. The slogan on the shirt is, "Bearly Sleeping." That pretty much sums up this week. Except maybe using the word "barely" instead. As predicted in my last post, Duncan did come back to our room later that night. He tossed and turned, and cried a bit. It was unusual for him to be so cranky. After hours of this and getting up a couple of times, we decided he must be coming down with a cold. He was swallowing a lot...ah, sore throat. We gave him some Tylenol at 4am, and we all slept for a few more hours. Yesterday Duncan was snotty and cranky all day. We gave him his Benedryl/Tylenol cocktail at bedtime, and we slept fairly well. Miranda had a couple of awakenings, but went back to sleep. I took Duncan to the doctor today, because his cough sounded "croupy," so he's got a prescription for that. Unfortunately, I gave it to him around 5:30pm, and the leading side effect is sleeplessness. By this time, it was starting to look like Miranda was getting a runny nose. Bedtime rolled around. I nursed a very snotty Miranda. She ate poorly, and I had to hold her to get her to go to sleep. And she was up again in about half an hour. When she's up, she plays, but she's clearly tired. She is refusing to nurse, because she can't breathe. It's all very frustrating. She's upstairs now, crying her little eyes out. Duncan, who just went to bed because of his "sleepless" side effect, seems to be quiet. I just can't relax while my little baby is crying (unlike my husband, who is snoring away.) So, I guess tonight will be another late night. Yawn...

1 comment:

Sherrie said...

Aw, poor thing. Hope you all get some sleep.