Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Is Spring Here, Yet?

Not much going on here. The weather is consistently cooler now, so I haven't been out too often. A few friends purchased a 6 month subscription of plants from Harry and David's for me in memory of Evan. So far, I've received a mum and an Amaryllis. The Amaryllis is on its way to having some fabulous blooms. I'm afraid the mum will end up in the compost. It has definitely seen better days. Like the day before it shipped to my house! I know people have glorious indoor gardens, and keep them all year round. I'm just not one of them. I'm much better with the outdoor plants. I plant them, water them a bit, do some pruning, and let Mother Nature do the rest. I feel a little guilty, since the mum was a gift. But at the same time, in the compost bin it will be the gift that keeps on giving!

No comments: