Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I Still Have Time

I keep telling myself this, but I've been working myself up into a panic about Christmas shopping. Yes, I know I'm being silly and have more than three weeks left. However, I usually have some sort of idea of what I'd like to get people. And I usually have made more than a couple of purchases already. Especially for the kids. This year, not so much. I have a friend that joked that her 3 month old daughter was getting milk for Christmas. I'm starting to think that's not such a bad idea! Miranda would love it, for starters. She's too little for toys (besides the toy chest runneth over already). I could get her a board book or two. And maybe a couple of winter outfits/sleepers. That's pretty much all she needs. Duncan has more toys than he needs already. We've been thinking about thinning out the toy box, so maybe he'll be less overwhelmed! (Merry Christmas, Duncan...we're taking things away!) I'm thinking I'll get him art supplies. I asked Justin what he thought about gifts, and he suggested some kid friendly seats for the play room. Something Duncan can by no circumstances climb on! (Like everything else!) Bean bags? I think I will feel better once I have a few things purchased and wrapped. So, maybe I'll relieve my stress by going shopping tomorrow.

2 comments:

Mezzo Forte said...

I feel your stress, girl! There have a been a few things purchased but not nearly what I'd like to have done already. We did the big playroom clean out - it was liberating honey - I highly recommend it! Fortunately, my hubby's sister suggested that our generation not exchange gifts - only buy for the nieces/nephews. So that helped relieve some of my panic. Never fear...it'll all get done eventually. I still don't have my tree up or anything!!!

Pam said...

I haven't put up any decorations, either. In fact, I'm embarrassed to say that I just put away the rest of my halloween stuff! I'm not sure how much I'll put up with two grabby kids around.