Saturday, December 13, 2008

Getting Into the Christmas Spirit

I've been practicing my flute in preparation for a concert at church tomorrow. I grumble about being on the first piece and the last piece, and not much in between. But I do love me some Christmas music. Christmas music, shopping for presents, the fragrance of our cut Christmas tree have me feeling rather in the Christmas spirit. But I haven't had so much fun during the Christmas buildup since I was a kid. I've always loved Christmas. It's always been a magical time for me. My parents made sure of that. I hope that Justin and I can do the same for our kids. Although, I think it's the kids that are getting us into the spirit. During all of my adult life, I always turned the lights on the tree once it got dark outside. Not this year. If the lights are off, Duncan insists that they be turned back on. We have a little snowman that we have plugged in all day, too. With two kids under 3, I'm forced to put delicate ornaments at the top of the tree (some remain in the box.) Duncan admires all of the ornaments, and yoinks on them. His favorites seem to be the bells. He pushes them with his little fingers, and listens to the tinkling sound. If I brush up against one, and Duncan hears the sound, he runs into the room and wants to make his own music. Of course, maybe it's not the holiday spirit, but just a bossy little boy. We're looking forward to taking the children to see Santa tomorrow. Stay tuned for pictures of at least one sobbing child!

4 comments:

sherrie said...

Don't open any packages addressed to you from New York...

Pam said...

Sweet!

Sarah said...

Loved the flouting last night. It was simply flutiful.

Sorry for the puns. I enjoyed the concert immensely.

Pam said...

Glad you enjoyed it, Sarah. It was fun, but kinda tough for having only a few days to learn it!