Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanks for Today

Today marked the second anniversary of Evan's death. It's hard to believe it's been two years already. Two years since I last held my little boy in my arms.



We gathered with friends and a bunch of balloons. The day was rainy and cool.



We wrote notes to Evan on the balloons.



And released them.



We watched the balloons float away, buffeted by the cool breeze. It was really beautiful.

Then we went back to the car for chocolate chip cookies.

Friends, balloons, cookies...Evan would have loved it.

Thank you.

9 comments:

Amy said...

That is really beautiful.

Anonymous said...

thank you for letting me be a part of your day.
kristi

Anonymous said...

It was a beautiful day, and I agree, Evan would have loved it.

Anonymous said...

A beautiful memory for a beautiful little boy and I will miss him always.
Grandpa

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful way to remember such a remarkable little boy....

Miranda and Duncan will always help keep the tradition and enjoy it too :)

Sarah said...

That was beautiful Pam. I hope remembering will continue to help heal your grief.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Dorothy Gould said...

Thank you for sharing with us Pam, I have tears in my eyes.

Sandy said...

I released one green balloon for Evan on Monday and it was wonderful. You can see the photos that I took here.
http://viewsfromthegarden.blogspot.com/ Thanks for letting others be involved in honoring Evan's memory.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Sandy, and others for beautiful tributes for a beautiful and much loved grandson. Grandma