Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Evan's Garden and more

I picked up some more pansies today. I plan on putting them in Evan's garden where the sunflowers will go next year. I thought it would be nice to have some color over there in the colder months. Besides, most of what's there is deciduous. I still haven't planted my bulbs. I guess I better get them in the ground while I still know where the perennials are, or I may accidentally dig something up! Mom brought me my Oxblood lily bulb the other day. They're pretty small, so I haven't decided what to do with it, either. So many decisions to make before it gets cold-ish. At least in the Southeast, we don't have to worry about the ground freezing. Just doesn't happen. So, I could delay planting bulbs for some time. Except for that accidentally digging up something thing. Mom also brought me several Allium bulbs. I love Alliums. They're so whimsical. I'm thinking about putting them in Evan's garden, too. But I don't want it to look bad. I need to do some research on designs that incorporate bulbs and perennials. And maybe I'll even get the ground broken on my Veggie Garden project this winter. Hee hee! We'll see. Right now we have an enormous pile of wood chips in the front yard that we need to disperse before our HOA has a hissy fit. Don't want another Nastygram!

No comments: