Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Halloween, Here We Come!



We've got Halloween on the brain here. We've been discussing costumes for a month. "Duncan, what do you want to be for Halloween?" has been asked more times than I can count. Of course, after getting blank stare after blank stare, I decided Duncan probably didn't know what the heck I was talking about.




So, I tried terms he might understand, like "dress up" and more importantly "candy." That seemed to peak his interest. I still don't know what Duncan wants to be for Halloween. And I'm not telling what he's going to be (yeah, we decided for him.) That will have to wait until he's dressed up, and I have a camera!



We made the pilgrimage to the Pumpkin Patch on Sunday afternoon. It was a beautiful day and I was hoping for some good pictures for the kids' scrapbooks. Last year Duncan had a blast. He bobbed his head to the rock and roll music, posed for some excellent pictures, and jumped on the bouncers to his heart's content.




This year he did explore the pumpkin patch. And we got some interesting poses. But my little jumper, didn't want to jump. We had purchased 10 tickets just for jumping. I carried him to the little kid area, took off his shoes...nothing doing. Justin took him to the Giant pumpkin. He looked in the windows and watched other kids jump. Considered it. Nope. Not for him.



So, we loaded them up in the wheelbarrow for this super cute picture.



This is what happens, when Mommy tries to get in there-pandemonium!



I tried to prop Miranda up against a pumpkin for a nice shot, and she just fell apart. I had to walk her around for 10 minutes before she settled down. It's as if she told me, "And don't even think about getting me near that scary orange thing again!"

After lots of hugs and kisses, Mommy finally gets a picture with her little pumpkin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fear of pumpkins? What happened when you made it into a jack-o-lantern? Can't wait to see their costumes! Lala