Sunday, August 24, 2008

Weeding

We've had good weeding weather lately. It's been overcast, a good deal cooler than average. The excuse "It's too hot!" I've been making all summer, just didn't hold water. So, I've been ripping out weeds all over the place. Too bad there are so many around. And a lot left! We didn't get much rain out of Tropical Storm Fay last week. Maybe a sprinkle or two, but the clouds and cool breezes sure beat the 90s of the previous week. And this weekend, we've actually had some rain. And rain is predicted through most of the week. I'm not sure we'll make up our 3+ inches of rain deficit for the month of August, but right now any rain is good rain. In spite of the dry weather, I haven't been using my rain barrel all that much. It's been hooked up to the AC all summer, so we've had plenty of moisture in there. I think I've just been lazy. My poor little plants have probably wondered what happened to their friend. I can just imagine them thinking, "She's so sweet when the weather is cool. Where is she now that it's hot and we really need her?" Little guilt trippers!

4 comments:

sherrie said...

I weed all summer; I can't help myself, I go outside to look at stuff and see the little devils taunting me, and rip them out. And even so, my yard is still weedy. Alas, it's a a neverending task. Also, since I always go out "just for a quick look," I always neglect to put on sunscreen or gloves, so I come in 2 hrs later with filthy hands and a sunburn. I have at least started putting a hat on, but I'm still not grabbing the gloves...

Pam said...

Yeah, I've been going out without my gloves, too. So, my fingernails are awful, and my hands are rough. I used my PedEgg on my thumb and forefinger to smooth them down. It worked, too.

sherrie said...

Those do look like they'd be useful, but their commercials gross me out so much I'd never buy one. SHE SHAKES SKIN OUT OF IT LIKE SNOW OMG BLARGH!

Pam said...

I know. It is gross. Better than skin flakes all over the floor, tho! My feet have been awful this summer. :(