Friday, August 8, 2008

The Things We Say

Do you sometimes stop and think to yourself, "Well, I never thought I woulda said that!"? I know we all come out with some lulus from time to time, but it seems since becoming a parent, I've done more than my fair share of strange phrases. Here are some of our favorites (be advised: it seems like we talk a little too much about poo.)

"Let's see if there's something going down in Stinky Town."

or, "There's something brown going down in Stinky Town."

"He's on the fast train to Sleepy Town."

"It's Cutesy McCutesal, mayor of Cutey Town." "It's Stinky McStinksal, Mayor of Stinky Town." "It's Tooty McTootsal, Mayor of Tooty Town!"

Someone toots, so we say, "Are you poppin' corn?"

Being called "The Milk Truck" or the "Booby Lady"

"That's Mommy's toy!"

"Try it with some Wow Wow Sauce" (stolen from Terry Pratchett)

"Agh! I got poo poo on my hand!"

Terdlits

Describing a recent diaper change: "What did it look like?" "Like peanut butter."

A new one tonight..."Duncan, put your penis in your pants!"

Overheard at a restaurant when a toddler grabbed something from his dad, "Look out, Snatchy McGrab!"

I'm glad we're not the only ones!

No comments: