Wednesday, August 20, 2008

So Tired

I've been glued to the TV watching the Olympics for the last week and a half. Most everyone else is complaining about too many events being shown on tape delay. I have heard that people on the West Coast are seeing things on tape that would be on at 8 or 9pm there local time if it were shown live. They delay showing it until 10 or 11pm. I don't understand that at all. On the East Coast, we have had some live events, mixed in with taped. They show the taped gymnastics individual events at 11pm, when they could have shown it at 8. What's up with that? When did "Prime Time" get so late? I would be ok with tape delay, if they actually showed it at a reasonable time. So anyway, I said last night, "No more!" Yet, here I am watching Kerrie Walsh and Misty May-Treanor compete for the gold in beach volleyball. I feel a bit pathetic, too. I'm watching all of these magnificent athletic feats on TV, and neglecting my own fitness. So, tonight I watched Usain "Lightening" Bolt (because he is so fast!) get the world record in the 200m sprint and I cheered him on (and the Americans, of course), while I walked on the treadmill. So, yeah Usain and yeah me! Did I mention I'm almost back to my pre-pregnancy weight? Double yeah me!

3 comments:

skoots1mom said...

quadruple yeah, you!
good job...

Betharoopie said...

Woooohoooo!!!!!!!

frogonthefly said...

Awesome!
Just let me know if you ever want to walk in a 5k with me.