Sunday, July 13, 2008

Ready...Set...Roll!



When we go to the park, Duncan likes to sit at the top of the slide, and wait for me to say, "Ready, Set...Go!" Then he skoots down the slide. Inside we say, "Ready, set...Go!" and then run around chasing each other. But today was all about the rolling. Today we had family rolling time. So, naturally I said, "Ready, set...Roll!" Duncan and I rolled around on the floor together. And giggled.

Miranda decided she had to get in on the rolling.



She's been rolling from front to back for a while now. But today, after several days of practicing, she rolled from back to front.



We don't really think about all the effort it takes to roll ourselves over.



You gotta tuck those elbows in, and shift your weight around.



Almost there...



And she gives up.

2 comments:

Dorothy Gould said...

Go Miranda! Not only do I love her effort at rolling, but she has the coolest baby hair ever!

Nat said...

Yay! I heard there were cute Miranda pictures and my source did not lie.

The front the back is no challenge that is just shifting the weight. Both my kids did that when they came home from the hospital because they hated the tummy. But the back to tummy is way hard! Heck, I still have trouble with it.

Go go Miranda!