Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Jinxed?

So, I like to share good news. But it seems like every time I do, something bad happens. Not very bad, just kinda bad. Or makes the good news defunct. For example, I was going to write a post called "Jumping off the Plateau." It was going to be about how I had lost a couple of pounds and I was no longer plateau-ed at that same weight. Then I put back on those couple of pounds.

It seems like every time I brag about how well Duncan is sleeping, that night he is a little terror. Of course, the last few nights he's been up really late (11:30 last night!!) We're thinking we're being manipulated (I know, duh!) We also think he's getting a molar in. Those suckers hurt.

I think somebody told me once that girls are not as bad at spitting up as baby boys. I was looking forward to a break with Miranda. Turns out, she's the worst of all three of my spitters. Two words: projectile vomit. Do I need to make it any clearer?

I was going to write a post about my recent exercise success. Then I turned my ankle, and haven't done any running for a week.

If I have a good day and I start to think, "hey, I'm a pretty good Mommy!" The next day I'm screaming my head off.

I try not to say "never" or "always" anymore. I substitute "usually" and "sometimes." Miranda usually sleeps through the night. I'm so paranoid that by saying Miranda always sleeps through the night I'll end up with a wakeful baby that night.

Is it just me, or does this happen to you?

6 comments:

Sarah said...

All the time. Hang in there.

Mezzo Forte said...

Murphy's Laws of Motherhood...it's not just you =0)

Stephen said...

Well, I pray that something really amazing happens today. Reverse the jinx!

Amy said...

it happens to me too! i never say never!!!

skoots1mom said...

that'swhy i named my doggie, murphy! he was gr8 to hv around the house but he always found a way to hv an oops! i so miss him now.

Tara said...

OMG Pam, that's sooo me! I used to talk about what a great night I had and then of course the next night was no sleep at all. I just stopped talking about my kids sleeping so I wouldn't jinx myself. Also I was feeling really fit last week. This week I'm eating cookie dough.