Monday, June 30, 2008

Yuck

I was hanging out with my son in the backyard yesterday. I decided to do a little work while he played. I put down some newspaper for my organic weed barrier, and went to get a bale of pine straw from across the creek. I felt a creepy crawly sensation on my hand as I got to my little Woodland Garden. The bale of straw was covered in ants, and so was I! I quickly brushed them off, and tried to get the straw away from my toddler. He wasn't interested, and ended up crossing back over to the house. End of my work. A short while later it rained on my unmulched newspaper. Oh well. Today we went to the park. We were there for an hour or more. I bribed my son with a juice box, so we could get home for lunch. As I was driving home, I noticed something in my hair. I opened the window, and tried to brush whatever it was off. It came out and flew back at me. I yelled, naturally! I didn't know what it was. It could have been a flower, for all I could tell. That didn't keep me from having the heebie jeebies the rest of the drive. When I got home, I found the culprit, a Japanese beetle, on the floor mat. Yuck!

2 comments:

sherrie said...

EW! I was walking over at the intramural fields once and some beetle flew in my face. It apparently sprayed some acrid something or other on me because I couldn't open my eyes or breathe well for several minutes. It wasn't in my hair, though, EEEW!

Pam said...

Yep, that's pretty icky.