Saturday, June 28, 2008

Wet week!

This has been a banner week for rain! We had two little showers on Thursday that totaled about half an inch. There was a dead Japanese beetle in my rain gauge (oh shucks!), so it was probably not quite as accurate as usual. And we had a really heavy downpour last night. I checked this morning, and the rain gauge (sans beetle) was one inch! I can't remember the last time we had an inch of rain. That's so sad. Everything looks so happy (although, maybe a little beaten down from the heavy rain) this morning. They say it may rain again today, and then the next several days are supposed to be hot and dry. We'll see. We have outdoor plans this afternoon. It would be a pity if they were ruined (I'm not serious!) Duncan loves to play in puddles, so we'd make it work. Woohoo!

2 comments:

sherrie said...

I hope you've hooked up your rain barrel!

Anonymous said...

Lucky you. We got only a tenth, and the sun is shining brightly.