Thursday, June 12, 2008

Rain!

We got a little rain last evening! When I checked the rain gauge this morning, it showed about a tenth of an inch. Not much. But enough to perk up all of my gardens. Heck, I'm not complaining. I just hope we get more! The bucket I had under one downspout was filled. Too bad the rain barrel is still not hooked up. In other news...Today Justin mowed the weed patch that will be the Shrub Island. Now all we need to do is get rid of the weeds, amend, and mulch. Yeah! It feels great to have an ongoing garden project. I hate to be idle for too long. Let's hear it for more rain in the Southeast (and less in the Midwest!)

1 comment:

sherrie said...

Yay rain! I hope it continues all summer, you sure do need it. I got my other 2 elderberries yesterday(so I have a York and 2 Nova, all supposed to be good berriers) and planted them, so the fence on the west side of the yard is almost completely fruit from front to back. I also got a mango tree, which is very pretty. I need an attractive pot to keep it in. And a sunroom...!