Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Chocolatiers of the World are Conspiring Against Me!

I discussed in this post how I'd found a yummy Lemony Chocolate square in a variety pack by Dolfin. I emailed Chocosphere to find out if I would be able to obtain this delicacy in bar form. Turns out it's not available in the US. They could do a special order of several pounds for around $100. I didn't think I needed several pounds of Dolfin Citron, and I certainly didn't want to spend that much money. I found a chocolate lemon bar in a variety pack on Amazon. I put it on my Wishlist, and had high hopes for Christmas goodies. However, the last time I looked at my list, that item was showing as no longer available. I was pleasantly surprised when I went to my local Target and found a Choxie Dark Chocolate Lemon Biscotti Truffle Bar. It was an excellent replacement for the Dolfin AND it was local. I told my mom about my find on a recent visit. We went to the Target in her town. They had Choxie chocolates, but not my lemon. I have gone back to my Target. No lemon. Why is it that every time I seem to find some lemony goodness, it's no longer available? Wah!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We get a ton of different chocolates here. I'll be on the look out for lemony-goodness for you!
Kristin

sherrie said...

They actually have your best interests at heart, knowing that you cannot resist the lemon... ;-)

Pam said...

Ok, twist my arm, Kristin!

Anonymous said...

I am always looking for little ways to bring a smile to my friends. If only everyone could be so upfront in what makes them smile. . .

So here's what I found in our shopping trip yesterday: Lindt's Milk Chocolate Lemon Meringue Tart, Ferrero's White Chocolate Lemon bon bons, and Cote d'Or's Dark Chocolate with lemon zest and ginger.

Unless your address has changed in the last 3 years, I still have it. They might be slightly melty and gooey by the time they reach you, but gooey yummies are better than no yummies at all! I'll try to get them in the mail this week!

Kristin

Pam said...

Wow, Kristin! Thanks. Yes, our address is the same. I'll ask Beth to give you a hug for me when y'all meet in Italy (I'm so jealous!)