Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Plateau

There comes a time during the battle of the bulge (or more recently known as the "muffin top"), when the weight ceases to drop. You start off with a very encouraging loss, and then all of a sudden you reach the plateau. You are still exercising and eating right (well, sorta), but the scale doesn't budge. I'm currently on the plateau. I haven't lost any weight in a couple of weeks. I keep trying to remind myself that it took 9 months to gain the weight, and I'll need probably that much time to lose it. I'm not very convincing. Sigh....

3 comments:

Nat said...

It took me more than 9 months both times to lose the weight.
I plateaued with Carmella at 6 months, Beau at 4 months and held on to 5lbs until I weaned.

I bet you lose more. Too soon to freak out yet. You can start freaking out when she is a year old.

violin3679 said...

Whatever, man, I saw you in church on Sunday and you look GREAT. Good work, sista!

Mezzo Forte said...

Yeah, I'm 3 years out (8 years out from #1) and still a fatty...you got nothing to worry about. I'm way past the freakin out stage...I'm in full blown"WIG OUT" mode about the whole thing. I'm ready to go beg for the "lap band" thingie.