Saturday, April 12, 2008

Oh My Aching Back!

There's nothing that makes me feel like an old lady like a backache. Backaches can be extremely debilitating. I just looked up the word debilitating, and one of the definitions is enfeeble. Doesn't that sound like an old lady word? So, I've been pretty miserable for the last few days. I've actually been picking a kid up (separately, this time!), but it's taking its toll. And forget about working in the garden. I've tried to get back into a flute practice, but that's hard on the back, too. Not to mention Miranda screams the whole time. When am I going to play if she hates my music? So, all the things that give me joy have been taken away with this pain. I know that sounds melodramatic. I can't do the things I enjoy, I can't tote my kids around (although, do I really enjoy carrying them both at the same time? No), practicing is hard, walking hurts. I feel physically sore and emotionally spent. I need a hug. (Gentle, tho.)

6 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, back pain is the worst. And having a small baby is the worst, too, if you ask me. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

Here's a mommy hug

Anonymous said...

When am I going to play if she hates my music?

Did you read the article I sent? Maybe she just lurves to scream! ;-) -sherrie

and gentle hugs to you... (( Pam ))

Pam said...

yep, I read it. It was funny to a point. But with how much I generally cry, it hit a little too close to home. :(

Anonymous said...

Aw, Pammy, it wasn't supposed to make you sad. Poor sweet thing. -sherrie

Amy said...

Yeah that Onion article gave me flashbacks to Benjamin's infancy. That is why I am so down on small babies! We took little movies of him screaming his head off because it seemed like that was all he ever did and we should capture his babyhood.

Pam I'm so, so sorry things are hard right now. Things are usually better by 3 months, you're halfway there right? Sorry if that's too far away to be comforting.