Friday, April 4, 2008

I'm Not Complaining...Really, I'm Not

I had planned to post some current pictures of what's coming up in the yard. It's such an exciting time of year. New growth that wasn't there yesterday, suddenly begins to unfurl today. Flowers. Pollen. Gotta love it. I typically have a tough time making sure I get gardening time with two little ones. I've taken the camera out on a few occasions to get a new shot in. But I'm more focused on which way my toddler goes, than how good the picture looks. But today, it's raining, and I just can't get out there. And seeing as how we were in a record drought last year, I'm not complaining about the rain. We need it. I hate it when people look out and say how they'd wish it would stop. I kinda want to do one of those V8 smacks on their heads. We're still in a drought, despite this year's rain. Geesh! I can tell you that my Woodland Poppies Stylophorum diphyllum are blooming. They are a great little native shade perennial with bright yellow flowers, and nice foliage. I don't think they are ephemerals. I also have some hardy Geraniums in bloom, Green and Gold Chrysogonum virginianum (another native!), my Lonicera mailbox vine is on the verge. Seems like there are other things, but it's raining, so I'm not going to go look. And, I'm not complaining. I went to a local nursery today with my parents, and bought a few new goodies. I did hope to get them in the ground before the rain, but that didn't happen. I'll share those with you when I can get out and get pictures of the amazing flowers. I'm also excited because my hubby just got me a new camera. A Canon Powershot S5 IS. It's a step up from our little pocket digital (which also happens to be a Canon Powershot!) I didn't think I would need a pro model, but I do hope for some better images of the garden. And, oh yeah, the kids.

2 comments:

Pamela said...

Pam/Digging says:

Hi, Pam. Congrats on your new Powershot. I got the S3 last year and have been really happy with it, so I predict you'll really love the S5.

It's lovely that you've dedicated your garden and garden blog to your son, Evan. I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope your garden blooms beautifully and brings you comfort.

Also, thanks for linking to my site, which is how I found you. By the way, if you'll enable anonymous or "other" comments in your comment-moderation page, you'll be able to receive comments from non-Blogger folks, and there are a lot of them out there.

Cheers, and happy digging!

Pam said...

Thanks for stopping by, Pam. I'm a regular stalker of your blog! In fact, you're the reason I looked into the Canon. I wanted to upgrade, and remembered you blogging about a new camera last fall. I'm very excited about having more options. Although, it's a little daunting going through the manual.

I'm still pretty new at blogging, so I'll try to get the comments thing more user friendly for non-Blogger folks. I've been spammed a couple of times on my Mommy blog, so I'm a little wary.