Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Be a Streaker

At the beginning of this year, my exercise-a-holic sister in law became a streaker. No, no, she didn't go running around naked to ring in the New Year (well, I don't think she did!) She agreed on an exercise program to basically exercise for 30 minutes each day till the end of the year. This includes stretching, yoga, walking, running, leg lifts, whatever. It's called Streaking. Now Natalie is hardcore. She doesn't just do 5Ks, she's a marathoner, and she has a hot chick reputation to uphold. When January rolled around, I was big and preggers, and in no mood to agree to do any streaking (yeah, the naked kind, too! Aren't you glad I made that decision!) But now it's spring, and I want to get back in shape. Especially to get my back healthy again. I would also like to be a better example to my kids than sittin' on my can all day. So, I'm officially streaking! I haven't gotten to 30 minutes, yet. I'm around 20. I'm mostly doing back and ab work, to try to strengthen those core muscles. I hope to up my time as I start feeling better. Some of my best buds from high school are streaking with me. Everyone's welcome to join. (Disclaimer: if you have health problems or haven't exercised in a while, ask your doctor first!)

6 comments:

Betharoopie said...

I'm in! I might have to start Saturday, due to a business trip...but I promise to tack on more time to the other days to make up for it! :)

Anonymous said...

How can I find out more about this streaking program? I want to start. I'm on a diet and have lost 16 fat pounds, and now I need to start exercising. I can handle 30 minutes a day.

Laurie

Mezzo Forte said...

I'm right there with you on wanting to be a better role model for my kiddos. Perhaps when this "5 Day Miracle Diet" I'm trying kicks in and gets me in a "good blood sugar" I'll join the streakers!

Nat said...

30 minutes a day is very easy. You can even break it up. After a few weeks it is habit and second nature. I have to admit in the beginning it was a hard adjust to workout every single day when some days I was running/exercising 3+ hours but I adjusted intensity so it is totally managable.

Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Is Justin streaking? Make him do it too. Lala

Kristi said...

Ahhh, Justin streaking....I'd bring my camera for that one. :-)

seriously, sounds good to me, I'm in!