Tuesday, March 18, 2008

So Very Sleepy


An Oh So Charming Picture of Me and Miranda in Need of Some Zzzzz's

Parents of newborns are sleep deprived. It's not just a rumor. Justin keeps telling me today how tired he is. If only he could see the daggers shooting from my eyes as he snores away while I'm nursing Miranda at 3am and again at 5:30am. Oh yes, you're tired. What's worse is the loss of my bedside lamp. With previous babies, I had a lamp and a book to help while away the nursing period. This time, however, my lamp is somewhere out of Duncan's (and unfortunately, my) reach. Now that we're having more success with the latching on, perhaps I can sneak my lamp back in, if only for night time.


Duncan Checks Out the New Kid

Duncan has actually done fairly well with his new little sis. He mostly does his own thing. He's always been good at independent play. He also likes to grab my hand and lead me to the front door to go outside. He's starting to notice that he may have to wait a little longer. He's had a few meltdowns lately. I'm trying to make sure he gets Mommy time, too. I've had a lot of grandparent help these last couple of weeks. We'll see how it goes when it's just us. I hope I can help him see how special he is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The picture of Miranda and Duncan is sooooo cute!!!

I am glad to hear and see things are going well.

Fishstick

Amy said...

It's good to hear from you. I've been thinking about you!

Nat said...

You need itty bitty book light. Or whatever those lights are called that attach to your books. Justin, pick Pam up a book light!