Friday, March 7, 2008

The Dreaded Question

Maybe I stayed home a little while longer the last two times. Or maybe I traveled out with the new baby then. But I don't remember anyone asking the Dreaded Question: "When's the baby due?" after the baby came. I've already been asked three times this time. It's not like I'm sporting a watermelon sized tummy anymore. And, honestly, when a person who saw me a week ago asks, I have to question how observant this person really is. My belly does still have a rounded shape to it, but I thought I was looking pretty good. I've tried not to be completely mortified. But I'm a girl, after all. Even movie stars need a few weeks before they show up looking fabulous. Those of us without Hollywood salaries and personal trainers deserve a little more time. Am I right?!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, don't let them get to you! Some folks just have no couth. When my 3-month old was in hospital for a week I was asked that by a hospital employee in the elevator. Then she told me I needed to exercise. Sheesh. Love to you all! the Dude's Mommy

Betharoopie said...

Wow. It amazes me how many people (1) don't think before speaking and (2) don't have good manners. The combination of the two never ceases to surprise me.

Anonymous said...

I think you look great.

Anonymous said...

I thought you looked great when I saw you. We all know what you'll look like a couple of months from now if this one goes like the other two. Believe me, there would be LOTS of women having babies to nurse to get the figure you have when nursing. Hey-this could be the latest diet craze - you could write a book and go on Oprah.( Except it doesn't happen that way for most women.) lala

Nat said...

Whatever, them beothces were just trying to bring your hotself down a notch cuz they were jelus. Next week you'll be sporting that skinny big boob flat tummy look you do so well.

But also, this is why it is important to bring newborn with you to avoid these sorts of situations.

Amy said...

Other people are jerks. Don't listen to them. I am sure you look wonderful.

Really!