Monday, March 24, 2008

Babies, Boobies, Boo Boos and Bribes

Today is my first day with just the kids--no helpers. It's 10am and we haven't had any major catastrophes. Woohoo! Justin finally installed a gate at the bottom of the stairs (so, Duncan can't sneak upstairs or worse, fall! while I'm feeding the newbie.) So far it's been a source of entertainment, as well as vexation for Duncan. Last night the gate was in pieces on the floor, and Duncan decided to go up on his own. Of course, I was feeding Miranda (do I do anything else?!!) Justin was at the store, so I detached the Barracuda, and tore after Duncan. Somehow I stepped on a sharp part of the gate, and cut my foot. So, now I've got a boo boo. Today is supposed to be on the chilly side, so we probably won't hit the park. In order to stave off cabin fever, we purchased a Thomas canopy/tent thing for Duncan's bed. This is actually something we bought in hopes to lure Duncan in to his big boy room, and leave the nursery behind (for Miranda.) Justin set it up yesterday, and Duncan loves it. He played in it for what seemed like hours. (Time moves slower with toddlers.) Wish me luck today, and until Miranda turns, oh I don't know, 2 or so.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck-you can do it! Barracuda? Please tell me Miranda hasn't already gotten teeth. I have bathing suits for both kids for their Easter present. Lala

skoots1mom said...

You've been pinged...

go here if you'd like to play:
http://www.skirkman.blogspot.com/2008/03/1.html