Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Writers are Coming Back

Hallelujah! So, we've gone without new episodes of our favorite shows for a while now. There's been an onslaught of new "reality" shows to keep us entertained (may I use that word very loosely?) I know all I ever want to know about the show "The Moment of Truth" from their commercials. Awkward questions, even more awkward pauses, what more could you ask for? I'm sure we've all sunk in to shows we might not ordinarily watch because of the dirth of the good stuff. My guilty little secret is actually not too bad. I've been watching "Project Runway" on Bravo. It's a show about up and coming clothing designers competing for a coveted spot in a three person show during Fashion Week. And the winner gets a lot of money, etc. There's the usual drama of The Challenge, and if the competitors will get their designs completed. There are a lot of egos (you have to have a healthy ego to survive in such a competitive industry, IMO), but there aren't the melodramatic blowups like you have on some shows. The best part for me is watching the creativity in progress. I know how to sew a bit, but I couldn't sketch a design, cut a pattern, know how much fabric to get, sew it impeccably, and have it look like a million bucks on a model. I'd stop on the sketch, because I can't draw. The season is winding up, and I can't wait to find out who wins. But I'm really looking forward to finding out some unanswered questions on my regular shows. Welcome back good TV!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Project Runway was one of my guilty pleasures before the move! In the reality realm, I found it thoroughly entertaining! I hope that you are not too uncomfortable in these final days/weeks. 50% and 4 cms--I wasn't that far along when I went to the hospital with Katrina! We are/will be thinking about you!
Kristin and Peter